Blue screen for normal boot

Discussion in 'Software' started by doc Holliday, Dec 1, 2011.

1. doc Holliday

doc Holliday Private First Class

My buddy's Del PC with XP Home was infected with malware.

After removing some malware, the PC will boot in Safe and Safe with Networking ..., but attempting Normal boot gets a bluecreen with an oxc0000135 error.

I have used the internal Recovery Console and ran chkdsk /r, fixboot, bootcfg /rebuild and fixmbr....with no improvement.

What's my next best intervention?

Thanx

2. doc Holliday

doc Holliday Private First Class

OK, as I said this XP Home boots into Safe and Safe w/Networking.

I went into msconfig / General tab, and checked "diagnostic" and attempted a Normal boot...

....no difference....

I'm assuming that "diagnostic" gives a stripped down installation that's almost the same as Safe Mode....if not, how do I strip down the Normal Mode to be as close to Safe Mode as possible? (deleting programs won't be popular with my friend)

I also boot logged an attempt and see the boot log at C:\Windows\ntbtlog.txt....but I don't know what to do with it. The last listed entry must be OK, so the problem is determining what the next entry is...

Any ideas?

Thanx

3. locodave

locodave Corporal

4. locodave

locodave Corporal

Apogize for a late reply. Correction timed out and thought I'll do it later. That link is if you have version 1. Go to add-remove to see the version you have. I came up with a lot of Net framework issues on that code.

I saw that anti-virus programs can cause the same code. A conflict. Do you remember when you got the code. Was it after you installed a program or an up-date to a program? Added a new external drive or internal DVD/CD drive?

You could try 1st running msconfig and take the check outta a box. One by one on the anti-virus program 1st, restart. Still a code, go back to msconfig and put the check back in and chose another program to take the check out on a restart. Ect. Try to narrow it down that way.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds