Blue Screen Help Needed - Error Codes Included

Discussion in 'Software' started by fkbsar, Mar 26, 2013.

1. fkbsar

fkbsar Private First Class

Thank you all in advance for helping with this problem. This problem just started yesterday - Monday. I previously purchased a Emachine EL1352-01e (2gb ram, 500gb hdd and 16x optical drive with a Belkin N300 wireless adapter). I did a new install of Windows 7 Home Premium and validated it with the product key - no problem. I also have installed Microsoft Office 2007 (validated). I installed the software for the Belkin (all went well). I did use DriverMax to find some driver updates and did some of those bud did not do all of them. Then I started doing the Microsoft updates. Because I only have a phone hotspot I was doing them a few at a time and the last ones that I updated were Net Framework, Silverlight and the install of Internet 10. I finished all the updates on Sunday just before my hotspot went offline. So for right now I have no way to get back to the internet other than at my workplace for right now.

After reading a couple of links that appeared at the bottom of this thread could it be Net Framework that is hanging me up? I installed it along with Handbrake.

Well anyway yesterday I get home and boot up and the blue screen comes on and since this is the first time that I see this I reboot and it disappears for a while and a little while later comes back with this:

A problem.....

Technical Information:
    ***STOP:0X0000001E (0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000, 0X00000 I believe this one was cut off by the end of the screen, 0X0000000000000000)

Collecting data for crash dump the computer reset itself before I could copy all of this

When it restarted this appeared in a box in the center of the screen:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: Blue Screen
    OS Version 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information:
    BC Code: 1e
    BCP1: (0000000000000000)
    BCP2: (0000000000000000)
    BCP3: (0000000000000000)
    BCP4: (0000000000000000)
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768

Files that help:

C:\windows\minidump\032513-28688-01.dmp Didn't know how to open this to read it

C:\Windows\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\Wer-98857-0.sysdata.xml I couldn't find this one

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

but given that the supplementary data is all zeroes, it gives no further clues - I'd guess at a hardware fault (the fact that the machine is new to you probably adds some credence to that).

Copy C:\windows\minidump\032513-28688-01.dmp to your Desktop, zip and attach the zip, I'll see if there's more that can be gleaned from it.

3. fkbsar

Thank you for your help in this.

I hope that I did this properly as I do not zip often - only once in my memory. I did have another message last night that was totally different from the one previously - that dmp is included in the zip.

***STOP 0x0000003D FFFFF88002F1A020, (0000000000000000, 0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF88004B616F0

nvlddmkm.sys-Address FFFFF88004B616F0 base at FFFFF8800483B000

Datastamp 4A0C8387

I tried to copy it as accurately as possible but it is probably listed in the .dmp file as well.

Attached Files:

4. satrow

Start by running Memtest86+, 7+ runs, any error means that either the RAM or the slot has a problem. There's a link to a USB version near the foot of that page if your PC will boot from USB.

See also http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html

5. fkbsar

Now that you mention memory I noticed that there is only one stick of 2gb memory in the case where it says that the machine comes with 4gb standard. Had already suspected that the person had ripped off a stick for themselves. Could only one stick of 2gb instead installed in one slot instead of (2) sticks of 1gb each cause this error?

Also do I need to burn this .iso file to a disk?

6. satrow

If the stick is good it won't cause any errors - check it's seated correctly though.

Yes, burn the ISO to a CD (or use the bootable USB version if you can) and boot from it.

7. fkbsar

Hi, I used a bootable USB for Memtest86+, ran the software, and there were no errors.

Also no blue screen yesterday - and I was the computer quite a while. I also had used BlueScreenView and saw in the dumps where it said:

Caused by Driver: tcpip.sys
    Caused by address tcpip.sys+e628e1

The other dump said:

Caused by Driver: RTL8192cu.sys
    Caused by Address: RTL8192cu.sys+18668

Anyway while looking on the internet at work I came across some information about the second one. It said the last one is Realtek RTL8192C Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter so last night I explored my Belkin install disk and found that same driver listed there. Do you think it needs updating?

8. satrow

Ok, it's good to rule out memory, no messing with drivers can fix that ;)

Yes, time to update the oldest 3rd party drivers:
    Code:
    nvlddmkm.sys                Thu May 14 21:48:07 2009 (4A0C8387)
    [B]nVidia Video drivers[/B] (GeForce drivers)
    [url=http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys]http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=[B][COLOR="BLUE"]nvlddmkm.sys[/COLOR][/B][/url]

nvstor.sys                  Fri Mar 19 20:45:11 2010 (4BA3E257)
    [B]nVidia Storage Drivers[/B] (nForce drivers)
    [url=http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvstor.sys]http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=[B][COLOR="BLUE"]nvstor.sys[/COLOR][/B][/url]

nvmf6264.sys                Thu Aug 12 12:46:06 2010 (4C63DEFE)
    [B]nVidia nForce network driver[/B] (nForce drivers)
    [url=http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvmf6264.sys]http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=[B][COLOR="BLUE"]nvmf6264.sys[/COLOR][/B][/url]

RTL8192cu.sys               Fri Feb 11 01:36:11 2011 (4D54928B)
    [B]Realtek RTL8192C Wireless USB driver[/B] (RTL8192CU)
    [url=http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTL8192cu.sys]http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=[B][COLOR="BLUE"]RTL8192cu.sys[/COLOR][/B][/url]
    The nForce drivers you need should be for the MCP61/nForce4 series but I don't see them listed on the nVidia site, just update the graphics (GeForce) and wireless card for now.

9. fkbsar

Thank you so very much for your time and effort.

I'm sorry about being a dufus but I don't know how to use the site you mention above. It's confusing to me.

If you have a bit more time could you tell me how to get the first one and I am sure that I can follow through from there.

I will get these files and install them and hopefully the BSOD will go away.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  10. fkbsar

Also how would I install a .sys file. Sorry for my ignorance in this matter.

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It doesn't really make sense for a lot of various drivers to suddenly start failing.

You are treating symptoms, not the disease. I'd still lean towards hardware. Memory is but one aspect, and those memory checkers do not check cache memory. There is still the CPU, motherboard, and hard disk to take into consideration.

fkbsar, do you have a way of monitoring temperature? When is the last time you cleaned dust out of the machine? When is the last time you ran a chkdsk? Have you tried a system restore point back to when it wasn't happening? If so, did it continue to be unstable? I've had random errors in the past, caused by motherboard failure. Check your motherboard for swelling or leaking capacitors, maybe.

We might actually be able to give more information if we had a memory dump, and not these mini kernel dumps.

Check your Windows folder for a Memory.dmp file and see if you can upload it. It is quite large, so it may not be possible.

12. fkbsar

Sorry I do not have a way to monitor temperature. Is there some software that will do this? I did try a system restore because I thought it might be the one of the last few Updates but it happened again. I installed the 500gb hd (used) and a brand new LG DVD drive and was very surprised that the inside of the computer was very pristine.

I will look tonight for a memory.dmp file and will get back to you tomorrow.

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

14. fkbsar

Will try this evening and let you know the results.

15. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Thanks. If it works, make sure you run it and keep an eye on it for a while (approximate time for when you might see a crash).

16. fkbsar

Goodmorning.

Well....No luck on both counts. With the temperature monitoring program it told me that it was not compatible and with the dump search I search for all .dmp and for the word Memory and couldn't come up with anything other than the two small ones that I had already uploaded.

I will do a chkdsk this evening. I didn't know how with Windows 7 so I will read up and let you know where that takes me and I will also check the motherboard for swelling or leaking capacitors.

Will get back to you by tomorrow.

17. fkbsar

Good Morning,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I did find the Memory dump file that you were talking about a few posts back and on the 30th I had another BSOD with another message: Bad Pool Header.

:cry I tried to upload my zip file and got this message: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

I did click the link for inform the administrator so I will see what happens next to try and fix this.

18. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Download and use "WhoCrashed" from the file repository here at Majorgeeks.com and post the results from the window, after you click "Analyze".

19. fkbsar

Will post results tomorrow morning.

20. fkbsar

Hi, I was able to upload a zipped copy the report from WhoCrashed. I noticed that it mentioned Nvdia needed to be updated. I did that on May 31st so that part has been done.

Attached Files:

21. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Download UniBlue's Driver Scanner and have it go through and see if all the drivers are up to date. I kept having BSOD's with my Win8 install on my Acer a0532h netbook, and ran the Uniblue Driver Scanner, and it found a better up to date driver for my Ethernet port, which was causing my crashes.

Now I no longer get the BSOD's. Go back to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and double check the drivers. There should be an updated since May 2012 in there. What is the exact model# of the Nvidia card, in case we have missed it.

22. fkbsar

The Nvidia Card is a Nvidia GeForce 6150SE. I will double check the drivers for this as soon as I get home. I had used DriverMax to find the driver for it. I will download the driver scanner, run that, and get the results to you either this evening or tomorrow morning.

TIA

23. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Latest drivers were issued Feb. 25th this year for XP/Vista/7 32 & 64 bit editions, Win 8 released Jan. 24th..

24. fkbsar

Ok....Just ran Uniblue Driver Scanner and the only outdated drivers are:

PCI Bus
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Microsoft PS2 Mouse

25. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

What is the current driver for the Nvidia graphics chipset showing in Device Manager? If it is older than what Nvidia is showing as most recent, update it. You can use Belarc Advisor from Belarc.com to list software and drivers, etc..

26. fkbsar

Will report back this evening. :)

Thank you.

27. fkbsar

I just checked a thread that I had on the Nvidia forum and I did get the latest update for the chipset and installed it. Here is the answer from that moderator:

The last supported OS for that chipset was Vista, due to the age of the product we no longer provide driver updates for this.

You can find the available drivers by doing the following on our driver search:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Product Type: Legacy
    Product Series: nForce 4 series
    Product: nForce 430/Geforce 6150SE

28. fkbsar

Hi,

I ran Belarc Advisor but didn't even know how to read the report. :-o The thing that I did see was that there was a Microsoft Update that was needed but wasn't on the normal update schedule and when I ran that scan it still didn't come up.

I believe that everything is ok. I haven't had a BSOD (knock on wood) since I started updating the drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds