blue screen - interface loop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Blondie72, May 29, 2009.

1. Blondie72

Blondie72 Private E-2

Hi All,

I am having a problem with my pc... Its booting up fine, but then freezes even when no applications are open. I have attached this file (I found another user was advised to run this application on another post).

Today while it was crashing, it came up with the blue screen and said it had an interface loop error. It didn't give a code number for the error either, so I was unable to google it.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers;)

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Was the error only interface loop or could it have been interface looback?

Or was it infinate loop error?

Both things link to different aspects of your PC the interface loopback is your Network and maybe security application, whereas the infinate loop error is the graphic card, and below are some pre-emptive thougths on what to try for both those errors.

If infinate loop error, then download this Driver Sweeper and install it but dont run it, then uninstall your ATI graphic card driver, reboot into Safe Mode (F8 at boot) and run the Driver Sweeper application and remove all reminents of the ATI and if you ever had an Nvidia card that too, then reboot and reinstall the latest ATI driver for your Radeon X1650 card from here

If its the interface loopback error, reboot your modem/router, then click Start > Run and type CMD and hit enter to open a command window, then type the following and note the space before the / and hit enter after each

ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns

then reboot and try your PC

What security softare do you have installed? make sure its updated to latest versions.

What is make and model of your PC, like Compaq, HP, Dell etc plus model number name? as you may also need to re-install the latest network card drivers.

3. Blondie72

Blondie72 Private E-2

Hi Halo,

Thanks for your reply. I have done as you recommended and it seems to be running a lot smoother. I had the computer built by a store here and have upgraded basically everything except the motherboard, which is I believe a gigabyte intel 848P.

As you would have seen I have the Radeon X1650pro card which seems to be running ok and as I am in a hotter climate, it constantly has a fan on it while playing games such as wow.

Will post again if I have any further problems,

Thanks for your help

Cheers ;)

4. DavidGP

HI Blondie

Cheers for the update and hope it stays that way, but indeed do holler if you get the same occurance. Yes not the coldest place on earth is it, but only way to cool it more is to likely change case and cooling fans to larger with more CFM fans, but if its working albiet a little louder with fan at 100% then all is fine.

BTW which was the error Loopback or infinate loop, just curious fo rmy own learning.

5. Blondie72

Blondie72 Private E-2

Hey Halo,

It was definitely interface loop.. can't remember much else about it.. have made a mental note to write all details of blue screen down if there ever is a next time!!

Cheers ;)

6. DavidGP

Hopefully there will be no next time ;)

Cheers in the update on the message, helps me a great deal as future reference.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds