Blue screen no safe mode please help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Serge_09, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Serge_09

Serge_09 Private E-2

Firstly I'm not great with computers but I have a rough idea so if you could please try and dumb it down slightly for my benefit it would be much appreciated...

Just got my old computer out had it a while and pull it up now and then for music and stuff. It's not been used in about a year when it was fine I'm now getting a blue screen saying...

Registry_error

Check to make sure new hardware or software is properly installed (there isn't any?)

Technical info:

*** STOP: 0x00000051 (0x00000003, 0x00000001, 0x00003000, 0xE1862030)

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete

I don't have any disks and when I tap f8 and run in safe mode I get nothing just comes back to this same screen

I did a test and it said that dst short test failed?

I just want to get ll my old pictures and stuff from school back can some one,please help

Thanks

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi Serge_09. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Is it possible for you to pull the drive from your "old" computer and connect it to the one you're posting with and use Windows Explorer to get your files off of the old drive?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds