Blue Screen of Annoyance

Discussion in 'Software' started by Schmeichel, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Schmeichel

Schmeichel Private E-2

Hi guys, recently i did a system restore because my computer wasnt recognizing my Belkin 7-Port hub so i thought that if i go back to a previous state the drivers wouldnt be installed and i could start afresh. To my amazement all was going swell till ii was rebooting and then the old WInxp logo flashes up then just as i thought that it was going 100% the dreaded blue screen pops up. The error message it gives is Bad_Spool_Header, after researching this i found out that it might be a driver error. So i clicked on my devices in safe mode and i have 3 errors (or yellow question marks) over Ethernet controller, sm bus and audio, but the audio one im not worries about as because of previous restore its thinking about my old sound card.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

2. Sharagoz

Sharagoz Private First Class

Does the same thing happen both with and without the hub plugged in?
    Does the same thing happen if you boot using 'last know good configuration'?

3. Schmeichel

Schmeichel Private E-2

Hi i did a system restore to a day before it all happened at all tis good now. Thankyou everyone for helping me with this :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds