Blue Screen of Death. IRQL is less than or ...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Billywilly, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Billywilly

Billywilly Private E-2

MAN ! I don't think I have ever used man in the beginning of a sentence before. I really need help Please.

Information about my computer:
    Dell 8600 Laptop
    OS Windows XP

Problem is:
    The blue screen that says irql is less than or equal or something like that.

What I have done so far:
    I was able to do a full reinstall of Windows OS XP after saving all my info and precious pictures of my children to an external hard drive. It seem to be working fine till I realized I could not connect wireless. So I install Pro/Wireless 2100 from the drivers CD. because it was not listed in the network folder. So as I installed I again got the blue screen of death saying the same thing as before. I could really use your help Major Geeks .

Billy :cry

2. Geminiione

Geminiione Private First Class

look in your event log for errors and post any here. we will need the full error to try and help you

3. Billywilly

Billywilly Private E-2

Hi , please tell me how to look into the event log for errors?

Thanks for your help
    Billy

4. Billywilly

Billywilly Private E-2

One quick note> I was able to install all my drivers and applications from the Dell CD but when I installed the driver for the pro/wireless 2100 I would get the blue screen of death. I think something is wrong with the network portion of my computer. Heck what do i know . Thats why I need your help. lol !
    Thanks again for your help
    Billy

5. jebadia_64

jebadia_64 Private First Class

Funny,

I have been having the same issue. the same model of computer. I on the other hand have tmobile connection manager modem card. If I run my internet through this I seem to have no issues. At least not with the cellular connection. I am not sure about it's wifi connection. I don't always have the issue though. Some coffee shops yes but like at a friends place I believe not at least not through the tmobile modem card. I believe it is a driver issue with the the broadcom 4401 10/100. Hopefully we can get this resolved this time. I have been working on the issue for a couple months.

Jeb

6. Billywilly

Billywilly Private E-2

Heck my computer has not worked since January 4th . I have been working alot and every chance i get try to fix this problem. This blue screen thing just stinks huh.

7. Billywilly

Billywilly Private E-2

Ok here are the event viewer logs for the system . Sure hope this gives you enough info. There is also viewer logs for applications . If you need this please let me know.
    Thanks again
    Billy

Attached Files:

8. jebadia_64

9. jebadia_64

I bought the puter kinda cheap knowing it had issues. I don't think it is that bad an issue just a pain to fix.

10. Billywilly

Billywilly Private E-2

Hi , Here are the Event Viewer logs both system and applications. Sure hope you can make heads or tales of this.

Thanks so much,

Billy
    email: billyseeds@yahoo.com

Attached Files:

11. Billywilly

Billywilly Private E-2

Update. I have downloaded the driver for pro/wireless 2100 from intel directly and it works BUT I still have many Errors in the event viewer logs. Still need help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds