Blue Screen of Death on Three Occasions in Two Days

Discussion in 'Software' started by mark59, Dec 13, 2013.

1. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

In the last two days my PC has had the blue screen of death (BSOD) on three occasions – each of these has been on starting the machine. The information on the BSOD hasn’t been there long enough for me to read it prior to the PC restarting automatically.

Will there be a log anywhere on my PC where the error causing the BSOD will be reported? Each time it has happened a dialogue box has appeared, after the PC has automatically restarted, asking if I want to check for a solution. I click on it but afterwards nothing else happens.

Consequently, I don’t know what is causing the problem or how to resolve it. I do know this problem can be a result of software incompatibilities but there’s been no new software installed on this PC.

My PC is an Acer Aspire 5920 laptop.

The operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Download and run BlueScreenView. It will locate and open the minidump file(s) and in the top pane, it will list the driver and/or the device that caused the BSOD(s).

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

I have used BlueScreenView to find out what caused the problems. I'm afraid I don't understand. Therefore, I've attached .txt files with the information about the three occasions on which I got the BSOD. I'd be grateful for any advice on the problem and any potential solution.

Attached Files:

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Your problems are being caused by Trusteer Rapport, a security program you have installed, possibly on the advice of your bank. You could try uninstalling, re-downloading and reinstalling the program and if you then still experience problems you could raise a support ticket HERE

6. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

Yes, it was my bank.

I'll uninstall it, re-download and install anew.

7. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

I have uninstalled Trusteer Rapport. I haven't got round to downloading it, etc.

Ever since I've uninstalled it I get the error message (attached as an image) on every occasion I start the PC.

Attached Files:

8. Earthling

That indicates that the Rapport software has not been entirely removed - not unusual if you just used the program's own uninstaller or Control Panel. Until you reinstall you should be able to stop these messages with the third option.

9. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

I used Revo Uninstaller.

10. Earthling

There is no hardware dedicated to Rapport, it's just software, but even Revo has not managed to fully remove it. I would advise reinstalling Rapport as soon as you can.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds