blue screen of death while tryig to install xp

Discussion in 'Software' started by pedro702lv, Apr 20, 2008.

1. pedro702lv

pedro702lv Private E-2

hi guyim getting this terrible blue screen while trying to install windows from the cd it says check fr virses remove anye new hadr ware ceck you r hradr drive propelt configurd run chkdsk stop: 0x0000007b (oxf993534<0xc00000034 0x00000000> 0x00000000 i cant get to the repair area on the xp cd and i cant get into safe mode nothing i get the blue screen while boting it gets the the xp logo and thats it plase helps :(

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103/en-us
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822051/en-us (mainly for Win2000 but some of it applies to WinXP; good for basic theory and troubleshooting 0x07b errors)

The above quote was taken from here: http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html
    More great info here: http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm Look in the left hand column for your particular error number (in this case 7B) and click it for more details.
    As you can probably tell by now, 0x07B errors are almost always caused by a bad hard dive or corrupt/infected boot sector. Using your hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic tool and/or low level format utility may fix the problem, at least temporarily, and it may keep the drive from completely dying for another 6 months to a year....

Good luck! I hope this helps

3. pedro702lv

pedro702lv Private E-2

hi and thanks for the fast reply what i did is i installed windows vista and worked fine im not getting anymore blue screensbut know i have ran into another problem its on for about half houre and shuts down by it self i get no erreo messages accept for windows did not shut of corectly and it starts up fine i hope im not haven a over heat problem its a inspiron 6000 laptop the battery is no good and the power jack is loose but i have the cord firmly inplace and i never moved the lap top it still shuts off how would i know if im over heating i dont think dells has the teputure sensors in dosent say anything about heat in the bios please help thanks love ya guys are the best :wave

4. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

You say that:
    Is it possible that the connection is intermittent?
    Could your power be being interrupted (albeit, very briefly) long enough to lose your HDD connection?
    I would think that this might well be your problem.

5. pedro702lv

pedro702lv Private E-2

i think fix it was over heating i took it all apart and cleaned the fan area it was all clogged up i have it on now for like 2 it hasent shut off yet but i dowloaded the sisoftware sandra and there its tellng this boot up state safe .power state safe . thermal state safe board teputure 36c, cpu temp 34c
    board temp2 37c, then it says warning board temp 3 255c , i dont think thats normal im worried about that you think its acuret i also tried speed fan but it said teputure sensor not detected thanks again for reply:wave

6. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

I find it hard to believe that "board temp 3 255c" is accurate.
    At that temperature your laptop would probably melt.
    30c to 50c is an average range for most systems.

7. pedro702lv

pedro702lv Private E-2

i was thinking the same thing lol so everything should be fine its been on for long now and didnt shut off i did a good job at finding the problem righ now i have to get the jack fixed and a new battery and im good :D i bought the lap top for 50$ thanks guys your the best:D*****

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds