Blue screen randomly appears

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by boggypants7, Dec 28, 2007.

1. boggypants7

boggypants7 Private E-2

Hi. My laptop seems to have a problem. People at the IT Helpdesk in my school have told me that my motherboard should be crashing soon. What happens is that a blue screen that dumps physical memory randomly appears when im using my computer. For no apparent reason. What can I do to help my laptop? Is it true that it means my motherboard is crashing soon and I would have to replace it with a new one?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is this the same laptop you have popups etc on? as this could be caused by malware so please follow the instructions as best as you can in your thread in the malware forum.

Also what are the BSOD ( Blue Screen ) error codes when this happens as they generally give a clue as to whats causing the issue?

If a Laptop, one cause of random shutdowns are the cooling vents and fans are clogged with dirt and fluff, just check the cooling vents are free from dust.

3. boggypants7

boggypants7 Private E-2

Hi! Yes. Its the same laptop. Im not sure as to what is the cause, I never really took note of it. The only part that caught my eye is that there would be a part at the botton of the blue screen that says dumping physical memory. When I switch off and on my laptop again, there would be a prompt telling me that my computer just recovered from a serious error. That's all I know. How do I check and clean the cooling vents?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds