Blue Screen telling me there may be a corruption on my c drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by meloney, Dec 17, 2007.

1. meloney

meloney Private E-2

Hi I just logged onto my pc, it started to do a c drive check. I couldnt be bothered to wait..! how stupid of me..!!

Now my pc goes to start then averts to the same blue screen even in safe mode, telling me to uninstall back up or antivirus.. However, I would.. if I could get in to do it..

Its telling me to stop and run CHKDSK/F but I cant - as I cant get into the pc.. Does anyone know what im to do?

Aside from drop kick it out the window!!!

Its a packard bell, nothing exciting.. but im stuck and really pissed off!! Is there a step by idiot step guide I can follow?

Mellie Fron London/Spain:yum

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

You can try to boot in safe mode (repeatedly press F8 upon first powering up the PC until you get a Windows Boot Options menu). You'd be better off booting to your Windows XP install CD, selecting R for the recovery console, and then running chkdsk /r from there. Even tho' the PC says to use "/f" you'll find that "/f" doesn't work and will pop up an error message, so use the "/r" option instead.

3. meloney

meloney Private E-2

Hi... a

Thanks for the info on the blue screen of death! LOL

I tried f8 but it diverts back to the blue screen in the end..

I guess I will have to find a copy of xp somewhere, its a fairly new pc, but im in Spain and it comes from the UKxrolleyes

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds