Blue Screen Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SF100, Jan 14, 2007.

1. SF100

SF100 Private E-2

Im getting a Machine Check Exception, below is the event viewer info with the parameters.
    Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 805462f0, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 00070f0f.

I have tested every component (memory, hdd) except the video card and each time I get this somewhat randomly timed error there is an entry in my event viewer for an 2 errors source being "ati2mtag" with a description "l2c return failed".

I am assuming I need to RMA my ATI x1900 ALL in Wonder. Im just looking for some reassurance that I am on the right track and not crazy.

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Go to the ATI website, and make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your card.

Remove the previous drivers before installing the newer ones though, so you get a clean install.

3. SF100

SF100 Private E-2

Been there done that but thanks

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Have you tried any older versions of the drivers?

Sometimes it's a case of trial and error until you get a working set.

5. SF100

SF100 Private E-2

Yes, Im sure its not the drivers

6. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Well as the error came up with "ati2mtag" I'd be inclined to think it was ATI related, and as you have an ATI card, put 2 and 2 together....

7. SF100

SF100 Private E-2

I think I did and was asking for others input. Thanks for yours

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds