blue screen - win xp boot failure

Discussion in 'Software' started by soulhaunter, Feb 21, 2009.

1. soulhaunter

soulhaunter Private E-2

Hi everyone

I have a huge problem with my computer.
    This morning I restarted my computer and the BSOD screen came up. Which ever one I choose on that screen, it will try to load windows or whatever and then a blue screen flashes, I have managed to get the information on the blue screen. The error is:

STOP: 0X00000024 (0X00190203,0XC0000102,0X00000000)

I checked the BIOS and that works. I get the feeling then that the problem is the hard drive. In particular, NTFS.SYS, from what I can find. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? replace the file or something?

I cannot disable anything in windows as I can get to anything which also means I cant backup my data, so I dont really wanna wipe all my data.

Thank you

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

3. soulhaunter

soulhaunter Private E-2

hi
    right, its fixed, i can log on but i still have problems. I fixed it i think by running chkdsk /r

I am doing so again as I didnt finish it last time. The problems I have now is that when i open things, it doesnt show in the taskbar. Also, my biggest problem is that there are no network connections

this is very anoying, even though they show in device manager.

Does it make a difference if you do chkdsk in recovery console and if yoiu do it in windows without the recovery console?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds