Blue USB plug not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chaos_Is_Fun, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Chaos_Is_Fun

Chaos_Is_Fun Private E-2

Hey, I just built my mom a PC not too long ago. I've got 2 USB's on the front - one is a USB 3.0 I believe (It's blue) and the other is a standard 2.0. Both are on the front top.

I'm at a loss for why the blue (3.0) isn't detecting the mouse. I've run the Mobo's driver's disc and ensured everything was installed properly. It doesn't pick up anything at all. It's connected to the mobo and everything, so I'm not entirely sure why it's not working but the 2.0 is.

Any ideas? Every other port works fine. It won't pick up a mouse, USB, or keyboard. No "notification noise" you hear when you plug in a new device. No light on the mouse either.

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Is it plugged into a USB3 port on the motherboard?

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

What version of Windows are you running on this home build? Windows XP and Vista don't support USB 3.0.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/31172

You need Windows 7 or later.

If, however you have a USB 3.0 device such as a hard drive, the manufacturer should supply the USB 3.0 driver. But, even then, you may need a BIOS patch.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds