bluescreen, system 32 errors, etc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Learnlesson, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Learnlesson

Learnlesson Private E-2

:hammer OK guys, I remember the last time ya'll helped a completely computer illiterate woman out of a jam, so I have come back with a couple of more issues. Please remember I don't know my BIOS from my Bluescreen, so you'll have to walk me through it! BTW Advanced SystemCare Free is terrific, I got it off your website. Ready?

Bluescreen with errors: STOP: 0x0000007e; 0xc0000005; 0xb9e01b3d; 0xf78ea458; 0xf78ea154. Now, I found this when I was looking under Device Manager and saw "unknown device" under sound/video/game controllers. When I tried to update it's driver, the whole problem started. It does say it's from Realtek Semiconductor; 8/2006; driver version: 5.10; digital signer: windows hardware compatability. It say "device unable to start" and will shut down every time I tried to update driver or scan for hardware changes.

Also, I can't get rid of the da*n yellow ! on the SiS 7018 Audio Driver no matter how many times I have tried to update the driver.

All these problems multiplied when I started downloading Catalyst 9-8 (9-8_legacy_xp32-64_dd_ccc) from the AMD website (because my Legacy audio and video drivers had zero properties). I followed the directions exactly and ended up with four copies of the ATI program in the ATI file (another yellow trieangle under "key usage digital signature 80".

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Did I catch a cookie or a bug? Thanks in advance for the website and everybody's help...ya'll are terrific (and extremely patient).

Here's one more: Windows/system32/DRIVERS/Tvs.sys...shuts the computer down if I even look at this cross-eyed!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What brand and model is your computer? Most times it is better to grab the drivers from the manufacturer of your computer rather than from the video or audio makers sites.

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

If you don't know the make and model, go to the Start menu, and open "Run..." Type in 'dxdiag' (without the ' ') and then wait. Tell it no when it asks about drivers, or you'll wait forever...! ;)

The first tab that comes up will tell you make and model, among a bunch of other things. That will give us a starting point. If you have a Dell or Gateway, or another brand that gives you a "service tag"-type number on a label on the tower, that will also help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds