bluetooth peripheral device!?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Irothz, May 13, 2011.

1. Irothz

Irothz Private E-2

Hopefully I put this at the right place...

I've got a HP 6730s with Vista on it since a few years back. And I'd rather have installed Linux on it, but Vista came with the package so I've managed with it and it feels all right, I've mostly used it for school work either way and it's worked fine. Until lately..

Some weeks ago my computer started going on about wanting to install bluetooth peripheral device after I tried to have my nokia connect with it through bluetooth. And it's worked all fine before, but suddenly not.

I'm not too sure what to do and how to do what. Nor am I sure where to get drivers for it. Because it'd be nice to connect my cell with the laptop again. A lot of less hassle to transfer files that way than with cords and changing settings on and off. Also the drivers I've found over google search seemed kind of fishy, so I'd rather ask for a hand than fall in a deep hole here.

So I'm asking you all to please give me a hand and help me sort this out. It'd be much appreciated.

Love
    /Iz.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Service Pack is your Vista at? and is it 32bit or 64bit?

In Device Manager do you have any yellow ! marks by any devices and if so what?

Personally I would be thinking to install the HP Bluetooth driver again and see if that cures this and the driver is HERE

3. Irothz

Irothz Private E-2

sp1 32-bit

Other devices -> Bluetooth perpheral device

three of it actually.

I tried to just re-install my bluetooth driver, but I got the same message as before and my drivers are still in yellow ! marks after that.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

In Device Manager, right click and uninstall all of those Bluetooth devices, then reboot and install the above Bluetooth driver from HP again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds