bluetooth virtual modem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by proevofanatik, Feb 1, 2007.

1. proevofanatik

proevofanatik Private E-2

is it possible to have a pc connected to broadband through a cable modem and have 2 bluetooth usb dongles. 1 in each pc. would the other pc connect to the internet from the dongle if another pc had a virtual modem installed. also with a dongle.

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Probably Not.

You need Routing, and since BlueTooth as is is not Ethernet, it would not Route.

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Does the bluetooth device show up in the properities of My Network Places?

I have limited bluetooth knowledge.. I set up a bluetooth modem so to PCs could share dial up wirelessly because I couldn't get wiring between them & dialup was all they had money for.

4. kansler

kansler Private E-2

My Toshiba M70 has the Bluetooth shortcut button but whenever i try to press it or the one in the control panel, it says Bluetooth device not connected, please ensure its turned on. Same thing when i try to configure it. What the hell do i do?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds