Blurred grey screen whit flashing grey lines that fixes itself and reocurs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MeCho, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeCho

MeCho Private E-2

o one day for apperantly no reason what so ever my computer screen turned on darker and have these grey lines flashing and colors seem a bit bluredand all the letters have white around themwthe interesting thing is that it "fixes" itself from time to time to become white again even more white then it used to before all this started andthe fix can last anywhere from half a second to several hours and eventualy it turns back to what is wasits not the wire as most people suggested becouse ive tried changing monitors whit seperate wires and the problem continues i also tried changing video drivers scanin for malware and cleaning dust from video board nothing seems to help it gives me some time to rejoice on its own will as it seems whenever pc likes to right now however i do not have the comfort of white clear screan that doesnt hurt eyes looking at after 15 min.

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

This doesn't give the experts here much information that they can work with. Could you please post the make and model of the computer, the make and model of the graphics card and the version of Windows you are running including service pack?

3. MeCho

MeCho Private E-2

Sure.

Pentium 4 2.6GHZ 512 RAM and using NVIDIA GeForce 6200 video card

Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3

4. MeCho

MeCho Private E-2

Bump

5. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

It might help matters considerably if you increased the amount of RAM you have. 512 MB is low for the graphics card you're using with your external monitor. Much of today's videos need to pre-buffer to RAM so, the more you have, the better off you'll be.

6. MeCho

MeCho Private E-2

I dont think so its an old monitor FLATRON F900P to be exact... and it worked fine before and i changed monitors which also worked fine before and now the problem remains on both monitors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds