Bookmarks Toolbar Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by lebowl, Feb 5, 2012.

1. lebowl

lebowl Private E-2

I recently switched from IE to Firefox(which was much much faster). I was able to put some individual sites and folders into the bookmarks toolbar across the top of the page. I was playing around with the toolbar and tried to remove a "separator" I had put in the toolbar. But when I removed the separator I also somehow removed all the files/folders that were on the horizontal bookmarks toolbar.

I tried reinstalling the files/folders by dragging them from the bookmarks toolbar sidebar where they now reside. But they can no longer be dragged to the bookmarks toolbar going across the top of the screen. I also tried going to a random new site and dragging the site icon to the horizontal bookmarks toolbar but this cannot be done either.

So, in summary I have this empty bookmarks toolbar across the top of the screen and can't drag anything there.

Thanks for your help!

2. pyrouncle

pyrouncle Private E-2

Click on View. Then hover your cursor over Sidebar and see if Bookmarks is checked. If so, uncheck it. That MIGHT solve the problem.

But, from I understand from your post, you would then have two bookmarks toolbars, so you would need to get rid of the one where you cannot drop icons.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds