Boot block bios.....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ACE 256, Jan 6, 2006.

1. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

My bios on my MSI K7N2 Delta L apparantly whent currupt....I get a boot block screen on boot ( with the diog. leds hanging at mem error )....blah blah blah..... made a boot floppy with the flash program and the updated bios....but when it almost gets to the flash confirmation screen it freezes.....I have tryed dif ram, CPU , videocard, and tryed a fresh CMOS batt.....all with the same result.....pics v......

Attached Files:

2. Unexperiencedn00b

Unexperiencedn00b Private First Class

Make sure you have the right Bios update for your current Motherboard. If you are trying to install the wrong update, that might cause the problem. When You put the new CMOS battery in, did you boot it up first, before putting the battery in? This is another way to Flash the BIOS.

Turn off your PC, unplug it, and turn the Powersupply off, via the swtich in bag. Take out the CMOS battery. Plug in your machine, and turn the power supply back on. Turn on the power to your PC...wait a few seconds for it to start up....then turn the machine off, unplug, PSU off, Put the battery back in, and boot up as normal.....see if that helps.

3. ACE 256

Are you confusing clearign the CMOS with flashing it ??? I called around and the local comp shops whant 40 $ just to flash the bios chip :eek:..........

4. Unexperiencedn00b

Yeah I think I might be confusing the two. Sorry about that. $40 to flash the Bios?! You know, if you have your Motherboard Installation CD, it should have a utility on there to Flash the Bios. Mine did, but maybe its only with newer models?

5. ACE 256

;)..I narrowed it down to a bad bios chip.... iv pulled out 3 other bios chips from other systems ( none are the same chipset thow ) i get an "unknown rom type" error....

6. Unexperiencedn00b

Oh wow, lol. You are messing with stuff that I wouldnt even dreams of doing unless I was 100% sure I knew was I was doing, lol. I'll keep checking back to see if you fixed it, or if you come across a problem I can actually help with, lol. Check out your motherboard Website and see if there is a FAQ on it.

7. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Ace arnt you member of DFI-street?
    Check with Tmod for new chip
    I dont usually recommecd Ebay, but ya might check there.

8. ACE 256

Yea im on DFI street ....havent been thare since my Infinity died... good idea thow i'll check it out....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds