Boot & Nuke

Discussion in 'Software' started by Toke, May 25, 2007.

1. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Son-in-law has a IBM Thinkpad type 2647-4EG that has become totally corupted and 3 XP operating systems on the one ''C'' drive. The CD-Rom driver is corrupt and will not read CD to do a Format. Cannot Format using Win ME/98 disks. My question is if I use the Dariks ''Boot & Nuke'' floppy disk will the indigenous CD-Rom driver remain so as to be able to install OS again.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I may be mistaken since it was Win9x that I last really looked at the files on a boot disc, but don't the drivers get installed from there? Your boot media?

3. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Is there a driver on Mobo that tells it to read CD thus starting off the initial instalation so even that HD wiped clean the mobo will start the initial contact for the OS to take over.. if you get my drift..confused

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Yes, you're right, there has to be some means of reading the disc

DUH Milty, that was a stupid post.

5. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

lol :D Well it did the trick Mada very slow but has completly anihilated the HD .. thanx for your post.

6. padams

padams First Sergeant

Doesn't the bios hold the ability to read from the cd?

7. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Yes thats what I figured padams as there has to be a relation between Mobo and CD Rom on an empty HD for a command to be given so as reading can commence from the disk.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds