Boot problem, Restart during Windows logo

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mariusmssj, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Mariusmssj

Mariusmssj Private E-2

Hey guys,

I am trying fix friends PC that has an odd issue. When you turn it on it gets to Windows logo animation and at the beginning of the animation it just restarts.

I loaded a Windows 7 image and tried the start-up repair but that gave no results. Then I disabled the automatic restart on system crash and got this:
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?

Thank you

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

This means "inaccessible boot device". In this case, that is probably accurate.

It could be for various reasons, including a bad boot sector, bad sectors on the drive, a virus infection of the boot sector, or even the hard drive itself.

What is the make, model, and rough age of this PC?

Desktop, or laptop?

3. Mariusmssj

Mariusmssj Private E-2

Custom built aprox 2 years old now. Had issue with loading the OS. After you typed in the password it would just say Welcome forever. Tried startup repair as that option poped up on the boot and now it's crashing during windows logo animation

4. the mekanic

Since it is custom, do you have the installation DVD?

5. Mariusmssj

Mariusmssj Private E-2

Yes I do have Windows 7 SP1 DVD

6. the mekanic

OK, pop in that DVD and see if it gives you a "Startup Repair" option. Using the disc may give you a different result. After clicking "Next", click "Repair your computer". You could also try a chkdsk /f via the "DOS" command prompt, under System Recovery Options. This can tell you the condition of the hard drive, and if there are bad sectors, or if the drive is "flagged dirty".

If all else fails, you can do an OS "Repair". Ordinarily this will place all the data in a folder called Windows.old, and re-install the OS. The only other way to obtain the data on the drive (photos, music) at this point is to connect it to another PC, either by attachment to the motherboard, or via a tool like Apricorn's DriveWire.

7. Mariusmssj

Mariusmssj Private E-2

I got this:
    [​IMG]

8. the mekanic

Just run chkdsk without any parameters. That means no /*.

If it doesn't ask you to check the disk at startup, and succeeds after reboot, we'll move on to other steps...

9. Mariusmssj

Mariusmssj Private E-2

OK did the chkdsk it scanned the D: drive said no errors or bad sectors found.

10. the mekanic

That's a decent sign, but D: is the recovery partition, not the boot drive.

Did you try the Startup Repair from the DVD menu?

11. Mariusmssj

Mariusmssj Private E-2

Seems like C: is dead then because it does not come up on the list. Any software or way to check if it's still there?

Startup repair didn't help

12. the mekanic

13. Mariusmssj

Mariusmssj Private E-2

Thanks I'm off to bed as it's late now but I will try it first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks for all of your help

14. the mekanic

That's what we're here for!!

:major

15. Mariusmssj

Mariusmssj Private E-2

Hi just got back from work and got a CD burnt.

There is like 100's of options and I honestly got no idea which tool to run to check the disk

16. Mariusmssj

Mariusmssj Private E-2

OK Seems like initial issue is fixed.

In Bios I changed the HDD from IDE to ACHI and all seems to work now :D

But it does not want to log in the user though. After I typed in the password it just keep saying Welcome.

[Edit]
    Ok it logged me in but it seems like is safe mode for some odd reason. And says "Preparing your desktop" before it fully logged me in.

Also got these errors:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds