boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tmax, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Tmax

Tmax Private E-2

I am trying to resolve two problems one is on in my event viewer only; and first started on the 26/11/09 it is as follows:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7026
    Date: 06/12/2009
    Time: 09:04:34
    User: N/A
    Computer: USER-B3A7BA2F25
    Description:
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    ViaIde

At that time I had installed some Windows updates, problems often seem to start after Windows updates!.

The second problem also appears in the even viewer, but I am aware it has happened during start up. The system can not find or load the user profile,
    This happens at random and can be several days or weeks apart
    event viewer details are:
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event ID: 1511
    Date: 03/12/2009
    Time: 20:19:22
    User: USER-B3A7BA2F25\Tony
    Computer: USER-B3A7BA2F25
    Description:
    Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

With the first problem ViaIde failed to load; I have followed Microsoft link, Googled it, and not really seen much information that will help. I have run the scf/scannow without success. Any ideas and help would be appreciated

The second problem of profile loading, I had associated with the Kaspersky internet security suite. They asked me to remove some conflicting software and the problem did stop, but returned a few weeks later. Although I am still in touch with Kaspersky on a few issues, mainly with emails, I am not getting any response from them over the loading the user profile issue. If anyone has any idea what else I might look at, or check I would be very grateful.

Operating System: Windows XP
    Version: 5.1 Service Pack 3
    System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:15, Stepping:11 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    Board, AS Rock 2coreDual-SATA2 chipset PT8800 Pro, Bios AMI P1:80 12/8/2007
    Memory DDR2 dual 2048 Mbytes Corsair CM2X512A-6400 (400 MHz)
    Physical processor count: 4
    Processor speed: 2306 MHz
    Built-in memory: 2047 MB
    Free memory: 1236 MB

Should you have any ideas or would like any further information please let me know, thanks for any help

regards Tmax

2. Tmax

Tmax Private E-2

Hi, It's all a little disappointing, it would seem no one here has an answer either.

The user profile problem does for the time being seems to have stopped, since the last Windows update, but I am not holding my breath as this happend before and then it retunes again.

I am left with just the "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: ViaIde, problem to resolve........if anyone does have a clue ?

regards Tmax

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi,

I'm no expert on drivers but perhaps you could try getting the Via chipset drivers from AsRock and see if that makes any difference on the ViaIde error.

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

5. Tmax

Tmax Private E-2

Thank you for your reply.
    I have contacted A S Rock, they have been been helpful, they always are. I followed their instructions, but this did not correct the problems, they then recommended a full system re-build.
    Then a new problem occurred with Kasperksy 2010 internet security, following each of it's virus updates it corrupted the data bases, this happened about 4 times a day and over 5 days. Contacting Kaspersky did no good at all, in fact I am still awaiting their response. I did a repair re-install of Kasperky's software, (again) during this I was given the option of replacing a new driver with an older version, this time I choose to do so. After re-booting all of the problems in the event viewer were over come, plus a few other I had with Word, Firefox and IE.
    Two weeks further on the problem with not being able to load the local user profile has returned, it only happend around every two weeks or so, the error mesage read:
    >>>>>>
    Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
    DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
    <<<<<<<<<<<<

I think this may be becuase the Kasperky security suite is still scanning the profile and preventing the system form loading it, the system then load a new profile. If I then log off that profile and log back in on my profile' it loads without a problem, which rules out corruption. I have again contacted Kaspersky about this and their response has been pathetic, not quite true, you must first get a response beofre one can just it's content.

None of these problems occurred until I upgraded from their 2009 suite to the 2010, Kaspersky did omit in an earlier discussion that they do have many issues with the 2010 version and applications such as Word, Firefox, Outlook and Outlook express, also with the spam control and preview of incoming emails. my suggestion to anyone thinking of using the 2010 version is to wait for the next one and stick with the 2009 for now.

In the absence of any assistance from Kaspersky I will do another repair reinstall, and again replace the old driver, (as I believe the update has replaced it) and see if the user profile problem goes away again. I will report back later and let you know how I get on.

If anyone else has experienced this or have other suggestion please feel free to let me know

6. Tmax

Tmax Private E-2

Update on my problems, doing the repair install of the Kaspersky 2010 program did resolve the problem of the driver not loading and the occasional system cannot load user profile. It also overcame the problem of the corrupted virus data base. However, I did have to manually download the files onto another computer first and change the source location in the Kaspersky program. Just under two week later the problem returned, this again was following one of the Kaspersky’s updates, and doing the same procedure corrected it. Looking back over the records it does seem that it is the first Kaspersky update following a Microsoft update. However, since then it has not happened again, as I have not done anything else to overcome the problem I can only assume that the cause has been corrected. I still have not had a reply or any response from Kaspersky, rather poor that.
    My thanks to those who tried to help, for now it is resolved, but not knowing the real cause does not allow us to help anyone else who may develop a similar problem. It also does not give me any confidence that the problem gone for good, only time will tell.

Thanks regard Tmax

7. Tmax

Tmax Private E-2

Having had a period of no problems with the PCIIde and Vialde drivers not loading, the problem returned on the 19/9/2010, and all attempts to resolve it have not worked. Everything seems to be running correctly, and I can not find any hardware that these drivers run. I have 2 SATA hard drives. The only IDE item listed in device manager is IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. so I am at a loss at what these drivers are for. One article I read recommended removing the 2 drivers, then run the install new hardware wizard, and any hardware needing it will reinstall the drivers. This I tried, but no new hardware was found, everything was still working, and no messages in the Event Viewer, I thought this might be resolved, but today the error message returned, has anyone got any more ideas regarding this, the event viewer error reads:

Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event ID: 7026
    Date: 19/09/2010
    Time: 07:45:55
    User: N/A
    Computer: TS
    Description:
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    PCIIde
    ViaIde

Thanks regards Tmax

8. Tmax

Tmax Private E-2

Further information, I note in the Device Manager "View Hidden Devices" that there are 3 items with the exclamation mark, Partition Manager, PCIIde and Vialde. each having the following message: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24). I have tried to uninstall each, but the process just hangs, I have not been able to find what hardware uses these drivers, can anyone assist please.
    Tmax

9. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Tmax.

Can't help but think the PCIIde and ViaIde messages might be BIOS-related. Maybe look at your setup program, see if anything can be adjusted there?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds