Bootable Add-Cards ??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FED UP, Jun 7, 2011.

1. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

I finished a clean install of Vista Home Premium, and hours and hours of updates, through the current service pack and latest IE . Then I swapped to a hotter PSU and correctly installed a 4870 GPU . Now when I turn the computer on, it tries to boot from CD, when I change the boot to "Hard Disk" I get the menu which should be showing the HDD, but it only shows "Bootable Add-in Cards. There are no drives listed, this is the only option. When I ok that i get a disk boot failure.
    Looking to BIOS it is not "seeing" the HDD, i did the BIOS search for drive, and it cant find it. I opened the case and the drive is plugged in - I cant boot up ! I don't know what happened !
    When i first booted up after I installed the PSU/GPU I still had the Vista disk in the drive and got the "loading files" and progress bar, I took the disk out and now am trapped, unable to log on. I can access BIOS but that is all .
    Can't figure out what to do now.
    Help !

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Insert the disc and boot up from it again, choose repair install. You won't lose anything. I hope it works. Other than that, try a different cable.

3. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

ok ill do that right now.
    thanks ill let you know what happens

4. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

um. forgot to plug the power into the drive :-o . Boots up just fine now.
    Thanks and sorry rolleyes

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Bhwahahaha, it happens to the best of us.;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds