Bootable Disc For Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by redryder, Oct 29, 2009.

1. redryder

redryder Private First Class

Before I received my Windows 7 Update Disc, I posted a question about making a "BOOTABLE" disc in case of problems. The only answers I got were to make "RECOVERY" discs. I still haven't found out how to make a BOOTABLE disc. Could someone please tell me if it is possible to make such a disc and,if so, how? I've googled and read everything I could find, still no answer. Just hope I don't need one when I install 7.
    Thanks in advance for any help given.
    Red

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I'm not upgrading myself, but have to ask this - have you actually tried booting your W7 disk?

3. redryder

redryder Private First Class

Thanks for replying to my post. No, I haven't installed 7 yet. I may not need the boot disk, but am getting things together for the install and want to be prepared in case I have problems. It is recomended in several newsletters. I may be able to get one from HP. I didn't get any disk when I purchased my computer. Thanks again. If you find out anything, would appreciate any help.
    Red

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I was only asking whether you had tried to boot it. You can check whether it boots without proceeding with installation by simply starting your comp with the disk in the drive. The drive has to be set as the first boot device in BIOS, but it usually is.

If it boots to the installation procedure just cancel out, remove the disk and reboot. No harm will have been done at all.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds