Bootable USB with Windows 7 Recovery Console

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrmrmrmr, May 2, 2011.

1. mrmrmrmr

mrmrmrmr Private E-2

I need to make a Bootable USB drive with Windows 7 Recovery Console to proceed with MBR infection removal for my HP Mini (no optical drive, I don't have an external optical drive). This is an aside to a thread I have in Malware Removal regarding internal_power_error on shutdown.

Advice? Thanks! M.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, mrmrmrmr.

Interesting - this is something I've always wanted to try. I'm wondering if you could use Pendrivelinux and point it to your Win7 RC .iso. Might be worth a shot.

3. mrmrmrmr

mrmrmrmr Private E-2

Looks like winIso 5.3 software will do what I need in a single step, but costs $29.95.

Any free or multi-step options?

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

This is not something I have used myself but it is free and people who have used it said that is good for them.....

http://wintoflash.com/download/en/

hope it helps you out.

iain.t :major

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you initially do a normal install of Win7? if so just as you boot and before the Win logo comes in screen hit F8 and if the Recovery Console was installed you can access it as that is where that 100-200mb partition many see in Windows comes in handy as it houses the recovery options.

or if you have the Win7 DVD or ISO then try the below, which is a copy of an older post I made, I do create my installer of Win7 on USB using the manual Diskpart way.

Edit: Snap Caliban ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds