Booting old ACER

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by googlebytes, May 27, 2007.

1. googlebytes

googlebytes Private E-2

Please all suggestions. Bought this old computer for my kids - OS wiped out. Is set to apparently only boot from floppy drive, plus there does not seem to be a driver for the CD.
    The BIOS is apparently Acer v2.0 from 1994 - yes that old.
    What can I do to get it to boot from a CD and install a new operating system? Tried a bootdisk(floppy), but I guess it didn't have a driver for the CD drive.
    Don't remember now but seems like when I tried to read a CD from the DOS prompt, it wouldn't do it - suggesting to me that it doesn't have a driver or it got corrupted. Perhaps it is just not configured properly in the BIOS, but couldn't figure this out.
    Thank you in advance.

2. PhilD

PhilD Private E-2

3. googlebytes

googlebytes Private E-2

Hey thank you so much. That article was exactly what I needed - seems like some of these sites where you can download these bootdisks would have this kind of info!

4. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Replied to your other post in the software forum about this same issue and supplied links for downloading a bootdisk.:major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds