BootSkin bug (v1.05)

Discussion in 'Software' started by On edge, Mar 13, 2009.

1. On edge

On edge Corporal

BootSkin 1.05 is a tiny program for changing the graphic that is displayed when Windows loads. It worked fine (almost) - I replaced the Windows default boot-up logo with a hot semi-naked chick, and so on, but later I noticed two yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager -> Non-Plug and Play Drivers -> PartMgr and PnP ISA/EISA Bus Driver (only visible when "Show Hidden Devices" was selected).

To my knowledge there was no actual problem (until I tried to fix the device drivers by uninstalling them = bad idea!). But stuff like that bugs me, so after googling for a solution, I came across someone else's post in some forum that blamed BootSkin for a similar occurrence. Subsequently I uninstalled BootSkin, the yellow exclamation marks disappeared, and that was it; I'm stuck with the Windows default logo again...

This post is just to document the bug. If there's a solution, even better... but I'm not sure this needs solving beyond making users aware of the behavior since those 2 yellow exclamation marks were false signals as far as I know (maybe you could call it a Windows XP bug), rather than signaling actual problems. The real problem was that they confused me and made me think there might be a problem...

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds