Bought My First LCD Monitor & There's Two Red Spots On It!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by superstar, Dec 15, 2008.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

Hello all,

I just purchased a brand new Samsung 2253LW Sync Master Lcd Screen Monitor and I turned it on for the very first time. It's a brilliant screen except for one problem...

THERE'S TWO RED DOTS ON THE SCREEN THAT WON'T GO AWAY!!!

There's one at the middle of the screen and another at the bottom. The dots seem to disappear when white graphics are on the screen. Yet they reappear when dark/black graphics are displayed on screen.

I just bought this today and want to know if I should be taking this back to the store for a new one or if there is something I can do about this. I'd also like to know if I have to install the driver cd that came with it. I connected it via dvi cable and it works without any drivers installed. I don't know what those would be needed for... Anyways please let me know if I should exchange this at the store tomorrow before it's too late.

Thanks

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

They are what is known as "dead pixels" which is what your monitor screen is made up of. Thousands of those little "dots".

Take it back to the store, explain to them the problem and ask for an exchange.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Those are actually stuck pixels, if they are red; dead pixels would be black. Take a tip of a pencil eraser and sometimes you can get the pixels unstuck by gently taping the stuck pixel.
    Supposedly there is software that will unstick a pixel. I haven't tried software but I have used the pencil eraser successfully.

Here's a few more things you might try
    http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds