Brand New Wifi Card Suddenly Failed

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nickompoop, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Nickompoop

Nickompoop Private E-2

I have a new wifi PCI card in my computer that I bought a week or two ago and until now, it has worked fine. Then, when I upgraded my Intel Celeron 2 GHz to an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, it all of sudden started freaking out on me.

I managed to get onto Facebook for ten minutes right after the OS (Vista Home Basic) booted, then I lost the connection.:cry

About 30 seconds to a minute later, the Network and Sharing Center icon says I'm connected to the internet, but when I try to open Chrome, it tries to load the page for a little while, then says it can't connect to the internet, even though the Network and Sharing Center says I'm hooked up.

WTF is going on?

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Is the PC behaving differently in any other way?

Can we have the make and model or the specifications of the PC and the make and model of the WIFI card please?

3. Nickompoop

Nickompoop Private E-2

Mobo: 945GCT-M3
    Memory: two 1Gb DDR2 sticks
    Card: Trendnet 54 Mbps Wireless G PCI Adapter TEW-423 PI

other than the funky internet, no

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the card?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds