Brightness And Contrast

Discussion in 'Software' started by hellzscream, Mar 19, 2008.

1. hellzscream

hellzscream Private First Class

Hey so I have been wondering what to set my brightness and contrast? I have them both on max. My monitor is a lcd if this matters. I know most people are going to say put it for what you feel is comfortable. But I was wondering is there a program to help me set the display. I tried Nvidia's display optimization I had my brightness already on 100% and contrast on 100% I went through all questions there and ended up not changing anything. I want to have it set for best performance and no eye strain. Sorry if this is in the wrong section was not sure where I should place it.

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Find out what the maxium refresh your monitor supports and set your refresh setting to it and that will produce less eye strain.
    And you'll have better picture quality.

3. hellzscream

hellzscream Private First Class

Ya it is on the maximum 75hz.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Display contrast and brightness settings don't really have any impact on performance of the PC, but they may impact the performance of your eyes and brain after lengthy exposure. Having the refresh rate set at 75hz is a good start. I set my bright and contrast so that when there is no picture on the display (but it's powered on) the black is actually black, and not lit up like a hazey grey, or almost white, but it's a really vacant dark flat black. Usually neither bright or contrast will be at 100%. This not only looks better and is easier on the eyes (on mine anyway) but it may prolong the life of the display.

5. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Showing black (i.e. no light) does not mean the emission gun in a CRT or lightsource tube in an LCD is turned off.

The electron beam in the CRT is merely deflected away from the screen and in the LCD the transmission gate is closed.

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds