broadcom:netlink bcm4401 4.60

Discussion in 'Software' started by jebadia_64, Jul 13, 2009.

1. jebadia_64

jebadia_64 Private First Class

I down loaded this driver update to a which is a zip file. How do I know I have the update installed. Maybe I am having a problem unzipping the file? Not sure did the update happen automatically?

Thanks,
    Jeb

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Jeb

When you downloaded the zip file did you save it to your desktop or in my docs? and then right click and extract all? then double click any installer/setup file?

Please describe the steps you followed and what if any messages where on screen, also you can look in Device Manager and look for any yellow ! marks and tell us what if any you have?

If you when downloading choose to RUN over SAVE then download again and follow the steps I posted above.

Also link us to the file in question as I/or one of us can test.

3. jebadia_64

I saved it to desktop. From there to my received files. I first unzipped on desktop then saved to received files . I will try to re-download and run rather than save.

4. jebadia_64

No option to run and I can not get a good location in which to save the file. I don't get that one at all. I will try going right to broadcom to do the update there.

5. DavidGP

Hi

No you did it right by saving over running the file on download, only get the file from Dells list of drivers for your laptop, others may not work correctly as Dell like other OEMs custom spec the hardware and drivers at times.

However the broadcom 10/100 driver is your ethernet and not wifi driver, what apart from your t-mobile WiFi is your WiFi on your Dell 8600?

To find the driver and hardware in your PC use the below guide

All drivers here

6. jebadia_64

Hello Halo,

I have an Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection. I have not been having issues with the tmobile connection to my knowledge. The last time I had the isuue I went in and disabled all the internal connections and used strictly the tmobile connection. I am at a coffee shop doing the same thing now with no issues. I was dig sitting this weekend and tied into my friends network with no problems. I am now wondering if connection speed has anything to do with the issue. Like too fast of a connection speed for the system?

While I don't have time now I will download everest and report back.

Thanks for the help
    Jeb

7. DavidGP

Hi

I think more its just a conflict with T-Mobiles software and either Windows or the WiFi manager app th laptops using as Dell do add their own IIRC.

Network speed shouldnt cause the issue your having as if you plugged into your friends, then using ethernet the quickest speed of the network will be 100mb, but internet speed dependent on the ISP service are generally way way lower than that and gigabit (1000mb) networks are rare. If your friend is on wifi then you'll be very lucky to get the max reported throughput of the router.

8. jebadia_64

The report from everest.

Attached Files:

9. jebadia_64

I have disabled the intel pro wireless for about a week and been hitting the coffee shops that I have had the issue with in the past and not had the problem arise.

I am not convinced that this is the issue as what I need to do now is enble that intel device at those coffee shops and see if I have the problem come up. I would however like to figure out if I can uninstall and reinstall the driver for this device and what it is I have to do to do that. Do I need to wipe out everything and start over as I am pretty sure that process has been tried but maybe not done correctly. Let me know your thoughts please.

Regards,
    Jeb

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds