broken laptop screen...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roastm, Aug 6, 2006.

1. roastm

roastm Private E-2

So my monitor on my laptop has been cracked and it is no fun to use seeing that my screen is mostly taken up by the cracks. i hooked up a monitor to it, but cant get the secondary monitor to be the primary one. its kinda of annoying cuase i moved the desktop to the secondary monitor, but if a program is opened it still showed on the broken screen.. is there a program to change this??

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

a few laptops have a key combo to default output to the rgb port, instead of making 2 monitors. IBM, I know its like FN + f7. Dell Inspirion FN + f8.

FN = is *usually* a key with blue text
    And the monitor key has a little icon of a screen.

3. websiteforu

websiteforu Private E-2

Some laptops have a BIOS setting for using other monitors, check your BIOS to make sure that this is enabled (if the option is available)

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Try (in XP anyhow), Start--->Control Panel---->Display---->Settings.
    You may find what you want to do, there. Bazza

PS: Think it also works in W98SE. Baz

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds