Browers Not Accessing A Site

Discussion in 'Software' started by crazyface, Feb 5, 2014.

1. crazyface

crazyface Private E-2

Hi all, newbie here, I think I've got a bit of a tough one for you. First noticed in Firefox, but on checking it affects all others, well Chrome and IE, so here it is. The message I'm getting from Firefox on attempting connection is :-
    "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at come.in.
    The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

I've run all sorts of malware checks for days now, defragged, switched router off and back on. Checked all Firefox setting against another laptop I use for karaoke only and everything is set up EXACTLY the same. I've checked Windows Firewall settings, all ok. I've removed Firefox from the allowed programs and re-added. Have I missed something? Don't think so.
    Is there anything else I haven't done?
    Please help !

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Since it's only the one site and the same problem exists in all the browsers you use, the problem has to be at the site or with their server(s). You are able to access other sites in all browsers normally, correct?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. crazyface

crazyface Private E-2

Site is not down, i can access using two of my other laptops that I use exclusively for doing karaoke before someone suggests I just use them instead. lol.

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, crazyface, and welcome to MajorGeeks.

Couple of extras you might try:

1. Run this Microsoft Fix it - instructions for manually resetting the Hosts file are also included on the page.

2. If the Hosts file is pristine you might try booting into Safe Mode w/Networking to see if there might be some 3rd-party program preventing access to the site.

6. crazyface

crazyface Private E-2

Download / Run

Didn't work.

:cry

7. crazyface

crazyface Private E-2

Ooops...did no 2 as well

Nope
    :cry

8. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Yeah, the Microsoft fixit only works for Microsoft products like IE. Are you using Firefox in proxy mode? Try going to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network and click on the Settings button. Select No Proxy and OK out of the boxes (see Att'd). You may need to do similar with Chrome and IE.

Attached Files:

9. crazyface

crazyface Private E-2

Tried that. Still the same result. On the other laptops they are configured as use system proy and work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds