Browser cache full-Run DLL as an APP-What is going on?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hithern_yon, Dec 8, 2005.

1. hithern_yon

hithern_yon Private E-2

:) Hello all
    This is my first post to this forum. I did try to search for an answer but how many of your posts contain the words 'browser cache full error & Dll'? I frankly don't know what to call the problem.

This is what happens; when I go to delete my temporary internet files and check the 'delete all offline content' box my computer runs on and on and on indefinitely. In order to stop this I usually try closing all open boxes and it get a message that flashes 'End now rundll32.exe' I click on 'end program now and I get;You chose to end the nonresponsive program, Run a DLL as an App. send error report to Microsoft.

Google mail keeps telling me my browser cache is full and my computer behaves as if it's true. I am running XP home version. I don't know what other info a geek would need to help me with this problem if it really is one. I have the Hijack this log ready if that will help. I dunno.
    Thanks for being here,

Donna

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

How large is your hard drive? How much free space do you have?

How long is "my computer runs on and on and on indefinitely" taking? How long have you wated?

When was the last time you defraged?

When was the last time you delete everything with %temp%?

What about C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1 and deleteing everything under:

Temporary Internet Files (though, there you may get an error here....I usually remove these files under recovery console....)

3. hithern_yon

hithern_yon Private E-2

OK Theefool Here goes;

60 gig harddrive. I defragged last week and it took about 8 hrs :rolleyes: and it told me it couldn't go any further. I try to keep up with maintenance but I'm an ebay seller and I surf alot and I have an auction listing program that holds images. I get rid of the images as soon as I can but sometimes I need to keep them. I need a better way to store images, for sure. I have a sneeking suspicion that that program has caused a few crashes in the last 4 years but I can't prove it.

Total Physical Memory 768.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 477.63 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Page File Space 1.08 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I didn't realize I could delete the files under C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1 I'll try that and be back.

Ok I went and deleted the files and then went back to Internet Options and tried the usual route to delete the files and it did the same thing in my original complaint. It ran on and on...even though I know there were no files to delete. :confused:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds