Browser Loading Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by GERALD B, Feb 15, 2008.

1. GERALD B

GERALD B Private E-2

I`m Having Problems With The Mozilla Firefox Browser.the Last Week Or So It Will Not Load Pages.i Removed It From My Computer Then Downloaded The Latest Version,but It Still Won`t Work.i Had No Problems With This Browser Until Just Recently.i Found It Faster Than Internet Explorer.i Since Downloaded The Opera Browser But I Had The Same Problem That I Did With Mozilla.fortunately Internet Explorer And Netscape Browser Still Work But Besides Being Faster I`ve Read That Mozilla Has Better Protection From Spyware And Viruses.i Would Appreciate Any Advice You Can Give Me.thanks!

2. kestrel1

kestrel1 Private E-2

Run a virus scan & a spyware/malware scan.
    What firewall & Anti-virus software do you have running?
    For the spyware scan use adaware or spybot S&D, you could even run both.

3. GERALD B

GERALD B Private E-2

My firewall is windows firewall and my anti-virus software is Avira AntiVir.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you run your antivirus as kestrel1 mentioned to see if a virus/malware is the cause of this? if it did pick up any malware references what were they.

As you mention that Firefox and Opera will not load pages, the bowsers opens and then do you get a blank page? if so are there any errors on that page, like 404 DNS etc

Uninstall Firefox and Opera if installed then run CCLeaner ( both the cleaner and registry options ) to mop up any remaining old files, then try and re-install Firefox.

5. GERALD B

GERALD B Private E-2

I tried everything in your message and it still won`t work.Besides this i also checked my windows firewall to make sure these browsers would not be blocked.When i ran the anti-virus scan it said i had no viruses.As far as errors it just says unable to connect.Does anyone have any more suggestions.Also i just wanted to mention that i`m fairly new to computing so i hope your answers are as simple as possible.I apprecate the help thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds