bsod 0x8e NTIOC412+118b

Discussion in 'Software' started by chiepler, May 10, 2010.

1. chiepler

chiepler Private First Class

I'm working on a computer that gives the following minidump file. It keeps rebooting every 5-15 minutes. I downloaded the WDK 7.1 program and ran the file through it. It says "probably caused by: NTIOC412+118b". I searched for this online & didn't get any hits. Maybe I'm checking the dump file incorrectly. Hopefully someone here can help. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

No think you read that dump fine as the faulting driver is NTIOC412.SYS but generally searching for a file would bring something up, but this one has no listings.

Do you have http://www.nticorp.com/en/us/home/default.asp? one of the NTI range of buring apps installed?

My next thought with not being able to see any listing for this file on the internet is that this could be malware and the below could help, do start a new thread in the malware forum area and attach the logs ffrom the guide for our malware experts to see if malware is the cause or not.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds