BSoD after Combofix in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by dpollock290, Jan 8, 2010.

1. dpollock290

dpollock290 Private E-2

A "friend" recommended running Combofix to rid my PC of a pesky browser redirect bug. I have Windows 7 (32bit).

I disabled McAfee and the UAC prior to running it. I had no open programs when it ran. I saved and ran it from my desktop. I touched nothing while it was running. I got a message that a suspected RootKit was found and the PC would need to be rebooted. A dialog box asking about 'rebooting now' came up and I clicked [OK].

The subsequent reboot brought me to the BSoD with the message: Driver_Unloaded_Without_Cancelling_Pending_Operation

I tried a System Restore without success (same BSoD). I tried the Windows 7 automatic repair processes without success (same BSoD). I tried to boot in Safe Mode without success (same BSoD).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I work from my home and I'm screwed without this PC. If I need to plow it and replant, I'd like to know sooner rather than later. Thanks in advance!

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I have moved your thread to the software forum. You will need to boot to a stable system before we can assist you in the malware forums. :(

3. dpollock290

dpollock290 Private E-2

Thanks for your prompt reply but I have already reformatted the box and no longer need assistance.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Good to know. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds