BSOD after restart of install of SP2

Discussion in 'Software' started by N5638J, Jun 9, 2007.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

if you look here you will see why i had to reinstall windows xp pro and SP2 and why theres a new motherboard in my computer. This is all i know of whats going on. so if you need something more let me know and i will see what i can do

I formated and reinstalled windows xp pro and the install went fine no problems and the first thing i did was install the driver for my EVGA 6800 and restart and that was fine so then i installed SP2 and restarted now everytime it starts up i get a BSOD. it will start fine in safe mode but not in norm mode. could what happen last nite have anything to do with this? all i changed was motherboard and processor + modem and left out the sound card.

heres the mobo and processor i put in it.

motherboard is a Abit KV - 80

processor - AMD Sempron 3100

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

try uninstalling the video drivers in safe mode maybe????

3. N5638J

N5638J Guest

I got it fixed i installed SP2 first then the video driver and it worked fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds