BSOD appears on brand new computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Reneej, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Reneej

Reneej Private E-2

I bought a new HP desktop computer (e9209f) with Windows 7. It starts fine but after three minutes the screen goes to stop error screen and says: a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval. Then it gives me lots of numbers : 0x00000101, 000000019, 0xfffff880031D5180. I have no clue to all of this. Why sould a brand new computer do this? Should I return it? I did not get any discs with the system since everything was loaded for me at the factory. after I turn the computer off and start it again all is well. It is the initial start up that gets the lock up then blue screen. Help!:cry

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I would recommend returning it.

3. Reneej

Reneej Private E-2

Thanks, will do

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Sorry, forgot to state my reasoning:

This may be one of many problems, and if you have not yet had chance to install any applications or build up any data then it is probably a faulty component that would need replacing, so you may as well return it just make sure you do not run into any issues in the future.

5. Reneej

Reneej Private E-2

The only thing that I put on the computer was a game. It said that it was not compatible with Win7. I made it compatible and the game worked. Do you think this might have caused the problem. I uninstalled the program and it still happens. I also had to get drivers for my Canon printer to make it work with Win7. Would this cause the problem. I do not know how to clean the hard drive after the uninstall of the game.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds