BSOD - Dump file attached

Discussion in 'Software' started by the_punisher, Feb 23, 2009.

1. the_punisher

the_punisher Private E-2

I keep getting a BSOD on my laptop and it stays for about a second and then the system restarts.

can some one please identify the problem, I have attached the .dmp and the .xml file along with a .txt file

Thankyou

Attached Files:

2. the_punisher

the_punisher Private E-2

*Update*

I started up windows using the "Last know good configuration" from the F8 menu.

It worked and windows started up fine, it was working fine too, so i decided to test it properly, i ran the super pi software on it : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_PI

i got the same error on loop 4, of the test and the computer restarted.

*Update 2*

I tried to reinstall xp by repairing it by selecting the repair option from the windows cd during startup. I got the same BSOD during the file copy process.... ummm... does this now show any hardware failure?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  3. voodoo3rd

voodoo3rd Corporal

run MEMTEST first as faulty memory can cause all sorts of problems. it may well be a software issue your having but a lot of time can be saved if it is memory at fault.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds