BSOD - error 1000008e

Discussion in 'Software' started by jeremy1984, Dec 8, 2007.

1. jeremy1984

jeremy1984 Private E-2

Hi,

Sometimes my laptop unfortunately gets a BSOD :(
    The message says that it is probably an error with wink2sys.. And there is nothing strange in the eventlog before the BSOD. Only "maximum TCP/IP connections reached" and stuff which I get all the time when using utorrent.

I've read some thread in this forums and installed windbg to analyse the dump-file, but I don't really know how to proceed..
    Here is the dumpfile: http://download.yousendit.com/E4AF157227E55770
    And the windbg results i get are attached to this message..

I'm, thankful for any help!

Attached Files:

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Well, start here first.

You really need this to be corrected first. Its a finnicky setting...copy and paste this, with NO spaces before or after:

SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

3. jeremy1984

jeremy1984 Private E-2

I have this exact row in "Symbol File Path". Even tried removing it and pasted yours.. "Source File Path" and "Image File Path" are empty.

edit: The directory c:\symbols was also created when I entered this for the first time. But doesn't work anyways..

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

This happens from time to time, you arent the first to alert me to it.

Can you post the debug file here? Just zip it up and attach it. I have a working copy of WinDBG (Gotta wonder if an older revision would work better for you).

5. jeremy1984

jeremy1984 Private E-2

Oh, allright..
    The dumpfile is in my first message (the yousendit-link). Or do you need anything else? Sorry if I'm not understanding.. I'm very thankful for your help!

Don't know if my problem has to do with my RAM, but just tried to run memtest - but it crashed after ~10secs both times I tried it. Maybe it's not compatible with my laptop, since it was released just recently in September..

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

7. jeremy1984

jeremy1984 Private E-2

Thanks!
    I'll try that test too in the meantime. Just finished running the "Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool" which completed without founding any errors.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Ok, here is what my results look like.

Note that it looks like Opera was being used at the time...do you finsd all these problems happen while online, or browsing?

Attached Files:

9. jeremy1984

jeremy1984 Private E-2

Thx!
    Since I'm connected to the Internet via LAN (fiber connection), I am always online. And Opera is open 95% of the time.. Does the log state that Opera was open or that Opera caused the error?

I've ran 3 full tests of memtest86+ which all passed without any errors. Can run memtest more while sleeping tonight I guess..

10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I found out from this part of the debug results.

PROCESS_NAME: Opera.exe

Try updating your NIC drivers.

11. jeremy1984

jeremy1984 Private E-2

Okey, I've updated my NIC drivers now (reinstalled the old ones, since no new drivers are available). I also raised the maximum tcp/ip-connection thing to 50 instead of 10 in case that was the problem... I also ran memtest86+ 1.70 for 7 hourse tonight without any errors being found. Let's see if the problem repeats itself...

Btw. When windows update recommends other drivers for your NIC than the ones from the manufacturer.. which one are you supposed to install? The same goes with my external display.. should I use the drivers I got on CD when buying the screen? Or just use the vista drivers which seem to work fine... ??

12. jeremy1984

jeremy1984 Private E-2

Today, it crashed again.. the same error I think..
    Could you please review if it is the same error?

Dump file is here: http://download.yousendit.com/6781CD07474E07A9

Thank you!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds