BSOD info

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Feb 4, 2009.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I have a PC here and the owner is complaining of occasional BSODs. So far, I haven't been able to 'coax' a crash from the system to see the error message and code. Is there a way to extract a BSOD history from the PC? I looked through the Event Viewer and found nothing. However, when I first powered up, there was the message "Windows has recovered from a serious error" and did I want to send the error report. I sent it and was told that a crash had been caused by a device and/or it's driver, but didn't say which driver it was. I have a gut instinct telling me it's the video card, but I'm not sure. I will be updating video and chipset drivers to try to sure the BSOD, but I'd really like to know the details of the crash....

Thanks!

(WinXP Home SP2)

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I'm in the middle of a RAM diag now, so I can't really look for a debug file at this time, but I will take a look as soon as I can.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Well, the PCs owner had no patience to wait for a proper diagnostic/analysis/debug report and he took the PC home. I have no doubt that I will see it again soon. LOL

(But the RAM did pass MemTest86+ and MS memory diagnostic. . . both 100%)

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

LOL, rolleyes At least you got somewhere positive with it.:) At least you know that particular HW is good next time he brings it in.:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds