BSOD kmixer.sys random system restarts XP - SOLUTION!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Count, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Count

Count Private E-2

I was having very frequent BSOD crashes, often it would appear the file kmixer.sys was to blame.

I tried all sorts. After a while I had to replace the hard drive as I then started getting disk error reports.

I resinstalled Windows XP a couple of times.

I reinstalled the audio drivers many times.

I uninstalled the sound and ALL hardware and software and reinstalled them one at a time to try to diagnose the problem.

I trawled the internet looking for solutions relating to BSOD and kmixer.sys.

I at last found the solution!! I stumbled upon this guy's advice http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1114682950

Basically if you are having lots of BSODs, random restarts, problems (allegedly) related to kmixer.sys...

IT IS LIKELY TO BE A FAULTY MEMORY MODULE!!!!

I just changed both sticks, and taa daar! No more BSOD. :)

Considering it was 100% guaranteed to BSOD previously, now it is running like a dream and has not crashed once after 3 weeks!!

Try it, and I hope it works for you if you are having similar!

Byeeee!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds