BSOD: page fault in nonpaged area

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djm1k0, Dec 4, 2012.

1. djm1k0

djm1k0 Private E-2

HP Pavillion DV6000 win7 home

I have come to you guys for help as a last resort. I'm working on a clients laptop and am getting the BSOD: page fault in nonpaged area... Here's is what i have tried with no resolve:

Safe mode: all options all end up at blue screen.

I have removed the HDD from the laptop and put in an external enclosure upon power up the recovery portion is seen however the main partition is not. I have not been able to get to chkdsk no matter what i try

I have tried windows repair, i tried to run the win7 install disk and that blue screens as well.

i was able to plug the external enclosure into my macbook and both partitions come up no problem, so i have xfered all her important docs to a safe location. I would really like to try and avoid a reformat if possible so at this point i don't know what other options i can try.

I'm almost confident that a chkdsk would do the trick... if the HDD is fully accessible on my macbook then i don't think something mechanical is wrong...

any suggestions ?

I tried Ultimate boot cd but could not find chkdsk on it , i did full HDD test and no issues found.

currently running Hirams boot cd "HDAT2" it's still running and has about 50% to go so i don't know where this is heading...

2 days invested in this machine so far and need to get it off my desk.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You have tried many things and are jumping around a bit so I am just going to throw a few things out there that if you answer we may be able to find one that will let you move forward. (I'm not so sure a chkdsk is the solution for the page fault error)

It seems very odd that the Windows installation CD would blue screen. Does it get as far as where you select the keyboard layout?

Hiren's should let you do a chkdsk. Does Hiren's not show the main OS partition?

Also try booting the HD in the laptop but with only one stick of RAM if you have more than one. If removing one doesn't work then try removing the other and putting the first one you removed into the slot you took the second one out of, then try to boot.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds