BSOD when trying to login to a networked machine?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Barney858858, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Barney858858

Barney858858 Private E-2

Hi Guys,

Would appreciate any help that can be given with this extremely annoying problem, not sure if it is a driver error or not though!!

The machine is a Windows XP machine and was running fine, then one morning when the user tried to login to the network the machine just restarts the second he tries to login to the network EVERY single time. It will boot in safe mode though, so I disabled all services and startup which still didnt work.

I turned off the auto restart to see what the BSOD would say, and the error I am getting is just STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x80637F4D, 0xA8E9199C, 0x00000000) Beginning dump of physical memory etc.

He says he has installed nothing extra on the machine before it started the problem, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Kind Regards.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

It could be a memory, hardware, driver, or malware problem. Sorry I could not narrow that down. I would first do a malware scan with Malwarebytes to eliminate that as a possible problem. Then uninstall and reinstall the network adapter driver. If that did not solve the problem run a memory test with Memtest86+. If possible, switch out network adapters, possibly using a USB ethernet adapter.

I would look at the Event Viewer for any possible clues to the crash. Does the computer crash if you use Safe Mode with Networking?

3. Barney858858

Barney858858 Private E-2

Thanks for the reply, I will try all of the solutions you mentioned and let you know how that gets on.

It does boot in safe mode with networking, its only when you try to login to it on a normal boot that it will blue screen with the error codes.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds