BSOD whenver I scan for viruses or malware

Discussion in 'Software' started by everpeak, Jan 3, 2009.

1. everpeak

everpeak Private E-2

I started off in the Malware Removal forum because I had a different issue a week ago (search engines produced only links to anti-spyware or coupon sites).

With TimW's help in the malware forum, that problem seems to have resolved itself. However, now I get the BSOD every time I run a scan on my computer.

I receive this message:

"Driver_Irql_not_less_or_equal"
    "STOP0X000000D1 (0X00000010, 0X00000002, 0x00000000, 0XF83360E4)"
    "iastor.sys_Address F83360E4 base at F8327000, Datestamp 41c367a8"

I checked the device manager, and the only thing with a red X next to it was the 1394 Net Adapter. When I clicked on that, it said the device was disabled (code 22). I'm not sure if enabling this device will take care of my BSOD probs. I worry about not being able to scan for malware and viruses!

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

4. everpeak

everpeak Private E-2

Thanks for your reply, BugBallou. My computer isn't a Dell, though. It's a Fujitsu, and unfortunately when I go into BIOS, I don't get the same things that come up in the article you posted. :( Any other suggestions?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds