Budget gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 8arry, Dec 26, 2012.

1. 8arry

8arry Private E-2

Hi All.
    I am looking at replacing a few components from my current desktop as the motherboard is shot and to be honest it has needed an update for some time.

Currently my spec is:

I was looking to change out the board, processor and RAM and keep the graphics card/psu.
    I had a couple of options as the budget is very limited post christmas. These were the options I had in mind:

OR

OR (the Ultra Budget)

In terms of the type of games I play its mostly MMOs (The Secret World, Warcraft, Star Trek Online) and Football Manager although from time to time I find myself playing console ports like Saints Row etc but I have a PS3 for most of them.

So any advice on what to go for would be very much appreciated.

Regards

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I think personally I would go with your first option parts. Does your current gfx card play those types of games ok though?

3. 8arry

8arry Private E-2

Thanks for the reply David.

The graphics card runs them currently but it would be the weak link in the system so it would be the next part to be upgraded.

I'm kinda surprised to hear you recommend the AMD option, when researching the options online its hard to find any love for AMD parts over the intel chips.

What makes you recommend the AMD setup?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds