Building a Classifieds Site - which platform?

Discussion in 'Software' started by corolla315, Mar 15, 2011.

1. corolla315

corolla315 Private E-2

Hello,

I just bought a domain name which I'd like to develop into a site for classifieds. Considering I'm totally new to web developing, I'm very confused at this stage. Sincerely I don't know from where to start and on which train I should board to make my journey successful!

From some basic research from the web, a lot is being referred to Content Management System which is something also completely new to me. I'm ready to dedicate time to do the necessary research and to my project but, I'd like someone to put me on the right track at this stage, at least.

I don't want to spend all my time and efforts on a platform which is the best "all-rounder" and then I found out that it's not suitable for me. I want a platform which is the good for what I need - that is, to develop a classifieds site.

I'm reading a lot about Joomla, Drupal, wordpress, mambo, xoops and lots more.

Can you please put me on the right track?

Just to let you know I bought web-hosting from iPage.

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Corolla

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds