building a second basic computer should i go with intel haswell celeron or pentium

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by peter anfindsen, Jan 31, 2014.

1. peter anfindsen

peter anfindsen Private E-2

I am building a second computer for bedroom for basic use ..should i go with haswell pentium or celeron..is haswell pentium that much quicker than haswell celeron......:cool my main system has a i7 2700k with a 650ti boost and i game on that..:confused

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Re: building a second basic computer should i go with intel haswell celeron or pentiu

Hi

What sort of money are you wishing to spend on the whole system?
    What parts do you have already or spare you could use in the new PC?

What would basic* use be as it could be different to my basic use for instance, as this will give us an idea of what parts you may need or more so to your question on CPU choice?

*basic is that just general surfing, email, Office type apps, photo editing etc

3. ChristineBCW

ChristineBCW Corporal

Re: building a second basic computer should i go with intel haswell celeron or pentiu

And do you have size-limits in mind for the case? Sounds like you'll only want a 1-storage drive system? Will you want a Burning Optical Drive or just a Playing Optical drive? (I still recommend full-size DVD-BluRay drives if I need quality burnings, but slimlines or even externals for Play-Only's.)

All of these considerations can offer even the tiny pocketbook-sized options (usually pre-builts) or the MiniITX case&motherboard options. If you consider the AMD FM APU options, then you can end up with better 'built in' graphics ability, dollar for dollar.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds