Built A New Computer. Having Some Unexpected Issues. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by X-Death, May 24, 2017.

1. X-Death

X-Death Private E-2

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xy7bzM

After 7 months of regular use explorer.exe would crash every time i alt tabbed out of any game. Decided to do a clean install of windows 10. After downloading all drivers and rebooting each time it would work fine up until installing and rebooting the second to last driver. Once i installed the last driver and attempted to reboot it would send me to the BIOS menus saying that i have no drives on my pc even if my bootable usb was connected(meaning it wouldn't detect anything). This would only occur whenever I rebooted my pc. The only way for it to boot normally was to press the power button to turn it off and to turn it on. So I attempted to switch out my power supply cable and the sata cable but nothing. So i did a clean install of windows again without installing any drivers this time and had the exact same problem where it wouldn't detect any drives after rebooting. So I decided to order a new motherboard and hard drive online. While I waited a couple of days for those to arrive I reinstalled my old games and started playing again. This explorer.exe wouldn't crash anymore but I wouldn't get different issues this time. Crazy amounts of screen tearing and frame skipping making some games unplayable. Also another thing that would happen is that whenever i would switch from a steam game to a battle.net(blizzard)game it would sign me out of the in game server after 30 seconds of the game being launched. So the motherboard and HDD arrive. I first replaced my HDD on the original motherboard and do a clean install of windows 10. It worked fine for the first 10 mins then i started to have the same issues. So I formatted my new hdd to install the new motherboard. Same issues again. Took my build to a friends place, tried booting with one ram and then the other, and got same issues, then I swapped my 1070 gpu with his 980 ti and had the same issues. But when my friend reinstalled his gpu back to his pc he started having the exact same frame skipping and tearing issues as me.

Anything will help. Thanks. ><

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Before you decided to reinstall windows, did you first carry out any diagnostic tests such as sfc /scannow and check disk? Did you scan to see if any driver updates were required?
    I assume you didn't try a Reset of Windows to begin with. That would have been the best first step to try.
    When you reinstalled Windows 10 did you use the Media Creation Tool and download the correct Windows 10 version from the Microsoft Download Centre?

3. MelThebell

MelThebell Private E-2

I have all the latest drivers for everything, I installed the correct version of windows 10 pro from the media creation tool, and i had done a diagnostic test on my disk which showed no errors and i even bought an extra hdd just to make sure, but nothing has worked. I also tried going back to older versions of my drivers that didn't work either. Another think that i have tried is doing a clean install of windows, but this time I didn't download any drivers but that didn't work either.

I'm the owner of this PC

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Are you 'X-Death' too?

5. MelThebell

MelThebell Private E-2

X-Death posted this on my behalf

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Sadly, aside from the issues I mentioned, I don't have any other ideas to help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds